Moe Abdou gives a presentation at UCSD on the three most important lessons he’s learned during his 26 years in business – personally and professionally – and the 3 things he wished he would’ve learned quicker.
The 3 Most Important Things in Business
3 Most Important Things I’ve Learned During 26 Years in Business
1. If you think small, you stay small (think ‘Larry Page’s moonshots‘).
2. The difference between living a good and great life and career are relationships – nothing is more impactful.
3. Confidence and Resilience are the 2 most important traits to develop. Always seek to learn – competence will have a great impact on your confidence. Have a good relationship with yourself.
3 Things I Wish I Learned Quicker
1. Intelligence isn’t what you know, it’s what you’re curious about. The smartest people I know are the ones that tell you they don’t know.
2. Take computer science more seriously. Learn programming as early on as you can.
3. Life is an ongoing experiment. Always have little experiments or you’ll never do great things.