Katherine, Sophie, and Jenna discuss how Georgetown Cupcake preserves the core of their first bakery in every cupcake fans enjoy around the nation.
- How Katherine and Sophie’s grandmother inspires them as bakers
- The original vision for Georgetown Cupcake as a small neighborhood bakery and how the sisters scaled it to be a multi-billion dollar company
- Surviving the bakery’s early growing pains despite advisors suggesting the founders close the business; “You have to fight through the exhaustion.”
- Katherine and Sophie’s continued hands-on involvement running the business, from baking to lining the pans, and cleaning the bakery at night
- The genesis of Georgetown Cupcake’s shipping business, the company’s fastest-growing branch, and how the sisters brought it to life
- Katherine and Sophie’s “Just do it” philosophy and why they say yes as often as possible
- Listening as an underrated skill, and why “sometimes the best advice is the advice you don’t take.”
- The team’s destination philosophy seeking out charming neighborhoods like Georgetown, and modeling every shop after the original bakery
- How to harness your obsessive personality to create a best in class product and channel it to constantly set the bar higher
Image credits to Rebecca Yale.