If you’re finding yourself torn between wishing you were sipping a Pina Colada in Maui or waking up to the sweet smell of pumpkin bread and The Sunday NFL Countdown it’s likely you’re facing the August slump. Try implementing these 10 insights to do more of what inspires you this week (And if it’s hot chocolate and endless hours of Homeland I’m not judging).
1. “You will find true success and happiness if you have just one goal – to fulfill the highest, most truthful expression of yourself as a human being.”
2. Purpose and profit are not mutually exclusive. If your company can’t ignite purpose in your employees, your profits will never be sustainable.
3. Scale requires operational efficiency. Start by reimagining your most important process.
4. Becoming a minimalist isn’t as much about owning less as it is about doing more of what really matters to you.
5. Let your brand stand for the one thing that only you can do, not what differentiates you from your competitors.
6. While self-awareness is essential to your success, understanding how the world sees you is what will get you noticed.
7. Those most likely to achieve greatness know that success is a team sport. Nothing great has or ever will be achieved alone.
8. Unless you’re first willing to lose, you’ll never win. Buy a ticket and get in the game.
9. Asking a question for which you know the answer is an insult. Demonstrate your genuine curiosity instead.
10. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson