What if you could design your own, custom playbook to guide the pursuit of greatness in every aspect of your life?
Not long ago, the notion of rewiring one’s biology was more sci-fi than reality; still a decade ago, Drs. Leeroy Hood and Nathan Price had the foresight to envision a future where modern science would harness real-time data to make optimal well+being both predictable and accessible to a wider population.
Today, their book – The Age of Scientific Wellness: Why the Future of Medicine Is Personalized, Predictive, Data-Rich, and in your Hands – provides a visionary roadmap to equip each of us with the tools to take charge of our well+being. In it, they demonstrate why our biology is not a fixed entity but a dynamic system influenced by a multitude of factors, including genetics, lifestyle choices, and environmental exposures.
Drawing upon their extensive expertise in systems biology and personalized medicine, Hood and Price will convince you that yesterday’s care model is not only antiquated; it’s actually a strong lever that continues to reward fighting disease as opposed to preventing it. Here’s a glimpse of what we discuss:
- What is Scientific Wellness & why does it matter now?
- What did they see a decade ago that’s true today, not true, and most surprising?
- What’s the essence of optimal well+being, and what role does one’s genome play in it?
- What does excellence in gut health look like and how does one measure that?
- What are the key environmental factors that have the most influence on our well+being?
- What does one’s genome tell us about our cognition and brain health?
- How does one determine and influence his/her biological age?