Moe and Kapil continue their dialogue about perpetual excellence with the emphasis of this episode being on the illusion of effort & purpose, the pleasure of pain, and the beauty of understanding.
The Game Within The Game
Among the many things that I continue to learn from Kapil Gupta is the idea that ‘it’s never about thing’ – and if you’ve listened to any of our previous conversations or have followed Kapil, you understand the translation to simply mean that the core of any issue – whether it’s a challenge or an opportunity – often lies beyond the naked eye; so here in lies one of the great mysteries that we all deal with.
In this episode we go deeper into this topic and the duality that comes with it – here’s what you can expect to hear:
- Winning without effort.
- Why you often hear elite athletes refer to the ‘game slowing down’?
- Why effort is actually interference?
- Learning the art of ‘chasing nothing’.
- When is one most at peace with herself?
- Why true transformation always starts with understanding?
- The wisdom of pain.
- The real reason people/companies try to reinvent themselves?
- What most of us get wrong about Stoicism?
- The ultimate measure of any leader?