Bobby and Jenna discuss India’s awaited fintech awakening, how it’s changing the country, and the role Ezetap is playing powering applications to connect businesses and citizens.
- India’s unique fintech revolution; “We have an opportunity in India to create experiences that are almost science fiction in the U.S.”
- The two trends driving India’s financial restructuring: Digitization of the economy and smart mobile applications
- How Ezetap builds mobile infrastructure to “allow a business to do any type of transaction using any type of instrument for any type of person anywhere.”
- Ezetap’s 11-year evolution and their plan to touch every business in the country; “We can turn a small shop in a village into a one stop shop for billing, payments, and voting.”
- Bobby’s favorite Ezetap story about Micropension and their efforts helping Indian citizens living in small villages build their savings
- Building India’s new financial system from the ground up and the government’s work creating a first of its kind authentication system (Read more from Bobby here)
- Decreasing the cost of financial transactions and “how it immediately changes the economics of how the entire credit and debit system of the world works”
- The first phase of India’s tech renaissance and Bobby’s three-fold advice for founders: Be patient, have grit – It’s a tougher grind – and know that your product is not enough to succeed.