Kapil Gupta rejoins Moe Abdou to explore why the pursuit of world-class performance – in life or business – is a murky process and hardly ever linear.
What you might see – if you’re willing to look ….
For those committed to the pursuit of excellence; you undoubtedly understand why the path to the top is always grueling and filled with uncertainty. And, while every path is constructed differently, the obstacles are universally self-induced.
From ancient Greece to modern Silicon Valley, the biggest barrier that gets in the way of continued success and relevance – in life or business – is hubris. One’s inability or unwillingness to pause and examine every aspect of his/her life – or as Kapil would say, to look for and see the Truth.
Few share his level of devotion, and that’s precisely why I have deep appreciation for the manner in which he embodies his own Truths. Like always, this episode will touch on many topics; still you might want to pay particular attention to his insights on the following questions:
- Why the sweet spot of any pursuit starts with an exploratory journey?
- The manner in which world-class performers approach practice?
- The real issue with following a method?
- Why the nature of what one wants determines what she’s ready for?
- What happens when you learn from ‘successful’ people?
- Why looking for solutions is a waste of time?
- What your questions say about you?
- The one thing all human beings have in common.
- The misconception of mediation?
- What happens when you reframe leadership and/or the role of a leader?
- The psychological impact of money?