In a highly engaging conversation, Moe & Kapil explore what it takes to walk the path of Truth, when to trust a potential relationship; and what a perfect decision looks like.
Legend is uncompromising
There’s hardly a conversation that I have with Kapil Gupta where I don’t leave challenged to upgrade some aspect of my thinking, and this episode was no exception. Knowing him as I do, I was particularly excited to explore his filter for relationships – both personal and business, and to understand the manner in which he distinguishes the real from the phony ones. In a similar vain, I wanted to dig a bit deeper with him on a recent tweet where he suggested that conflicts between business partners can never be solved by ‘compromise’ alone – and, as always, his point of view is hard to argue.
In typical Kapil fashion, all points lead back to the mind; and as easy as that sounds, you’ll get a real sense of what he really means when he describes what makes a ’perfect decision’. Here’s a sampling of what we explore:
- What true ‘arrival’ looks like?
- Why life’s greatest work always starts with a depth of self-awareness that’s as dangerous as it is liberating?
- Why near death experiences lead to breakthroughs?
- Why being uncompromising is your best bet to solving business issues; especially relationships?
- Understanding the lines that you’re not willing to cross?
- Why being clever is shielding you from the Truth?
- What indicates a perfect decision?
- What it means to be a leader of one?
- A lesson about identifying the right business partners from Billy Beane & Moneyball.
- What mistrust can teach you about real trust?