The Alchemy Of Becoming You
One of the more important principles of my life is the openness to learn from anyone, at anytime, and at any level; still when that person is as real, as wise, and as thoughtful as Jerry Colonna – that learning experience becomes that much more coveted.
For those who know him, Jerry is much more than a leadership coach – he’s a kindred spirit who always seems to whisper exactly the right question at precisely the right moment. Be it a challenge that you’re facing or a grown-up conversation that you’re contemplating – the starting point is you, and only you. It’s what he and his team call radical self-inquiry, and what you’ll discover, if you’re brave enough to go there, is the alchemy of what it feels like when you step into the fullest expression of yourself.
Jerry’s latest book – Reboot: Leadership and The Art of Growing Up is part memoir, part masterclass about what it takes to lead and live fully. At its essence, it’s about being human, and as you’ll discover in our conversations, that’s never an easy task. Here’s a sampling of what we discuss:
- Three questions you should always keep close by:
- What am I not saying that needs to be said?
- What am I saying that’s not being heard?
- What’s being said that I’m not hearing?
- Radical Self-Inquiry – What is it and how does it serve you?
- Why all leadership challenges start with people?
- The skill that most distinguishes admired leaders?
- What does it mean to sit with your pain and actually benefit from it?
- Self-confidence and self-worth are a reflection of something much more profound – what is it and how is it impacting you?
- Meditation, journaling, and other habits of mind that lead to a fuller life.
- What to never forget when you’re dealing with fame/shame?