Moe and Todd Rose talk about a powerful alternative to understanding individuals through averages in order to take full advantage of individuality to gain an edge in life.
You’re Not Average
The 33voices Edge Dialogue series — Moe Abdou and Todd Rose
One of the more fascinating conversations that I’ve had recently was with Harvard professor Todd Rose on the power of individuality. Not only is Todd a portrait of his own research; more importantly, the Neuroscience perspective that he shares on why & how we do what we do will convince you that the only path towards living a meaningful life is to blaze your own trails.
In his book, The End of Average, he’ll share with you the three simple principles, that once you’re able to internalize, will challenge you to never compare yourself to anyone again. During our conversation, we’ll explore each of these principles in- depth, as well as help you discover ways in which you can elevate the critical attributes that shape your identity.
Here’s a sample of the questions we explore:
- The key lessons that each of us can learn from Todd’s journey
- Learning to become comfortable with your sense of self
- What exactly does the era of individuality mean
- The Jaggedness Principle. The Context Principle. The Pathway Principle.
- Actualizing the three principles
- A leader’s approach to designing a modern workplace culture
- Incorporating the three principles in identifying talent