Kapil Gupta, MD rejoins Moe Abdou to dig deeper into the essence of mind mastery & the pursuit of Truth – both in life and in business.
It’s Never About The Thing
If you caught even a tiny glimpse of my first conversation with performance aficionado, Kapil Gupta, you’re not surprised when you hear him say that we ‘humans live in perpetual dissatisfaction.’ To him, most of us spend our lives chasing pleasures that might satisfy the moment, but do little to advance our ultimate state of being. ‘A human who constantly chases pleasure must be one that is always dissatisfied. The same way that an animal that always chases food must be one who is always hungry. Chasing pleasure brings pleasure. But it does not bring satisfaction.’
Reflect for a moment – How truly satisfying is your life right now?
Are you as immersed in your work today as you were on day one?
Would you consider yourself a master of your mind or its prisoner?
Do you have a sense of your own Truth – in any phase of your life?
Do you gravitate more towards the ‘how’ of what you’re doing rather than the ‘why’?
If any of these questions speak to you, consider paying close attention to the manner in which Kapil helps world-class performers in sports, entertainment and business unlock the very impediment that’s often blocking their next stage of growth. I warn you that this is not a ‘how-to’ tutorial – instead, it’s the very essence of what it takes to get out of your own way, and pursue something far more meaningful than achieving goals. Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect:
- Presence is immersion into the moment & the only way you immerse into the moment is to first disappear into the moment.
- You become Present when you remove all the impediments that are in the way – the largest being yourself.
- There can be no experiencer – there can only be the experience.
- The Truth is the central source from which all the problems are born – and upon examining that source and removing its central element – the problem will come crumbling down.
- Awareness is the cure – all doing is done when you don’t have complete awareness of the truth.
- If you’re empty professionally, something inside of you is accepting your current status. The comfortableness of being there means more to you than the uncomfortableness of the alternative.
- The things that your mind tells you are correct – are hardly ever correct.
- Letting go of the mind chatter requires sincerity, understanding and experimentation.
- The mind can only move mountains once you’re no longer under it’s control.
- Fear of not getting what you want is the biggest culprit of self-doubt.
- Whenever there is a consequence – there is Fear.
- Confidence comes from surrendering yourself to a system.
- The Thing is never about the Thing – It’s always about a deep seated impetus within that Thing.
- We are not victims, we are creators – all of our action are motivated by our own intrinsic motivations regardless of what we tell ourselves.
- Don’t be fooled by positive ‘self-talk’ – for unless you understand the voice in your head, you’ll be controlled by it.
- Leadership comes down to leading yourself with perfection – when you operate from a sincere motivation and your eyes are forever on yourself – looking at the holes in yourself – others will be compelled to walk with you.