Chase Jennings and Jenna Abdou catch up with Brittany Hodak and Kim Kaupe, the brilliant women behind ZinePak – who recently made Advertising Age’s 40 Under 40.
An Example to Follow
Written by Jenna Abdou
As a recent college graduate, I’ve been overwhelmed by the movement to empower women. Whether it’s Debbie Sterling encouraging young girls to be engineers with Goldieblox or Sheryl Sandberg petitioning to eliminate the word ‘bossy,’ women are assembling to increase opportunity for the next generation.
While each of their strides is impactful, the telling indication of a changed society lies in young girls having strong examples. Brittany Hodak and Kim Kaupe, the founders of ZinePak, are doing just that to inspire the next generation. Here are three strategies to help you do the same:
- Surround yourself with people who support you. Brittany and Kim are members of YEC and participated in Count Me In in NYC. Networking not only improves your business but your personal life as well.
- Speak up when an opportunity intrigues you. People can’t predict your interest; be vocal about your goals and your plans to accomplish them.
- Practice how you want to present yourself. Whether you’re suggesting Sprinkles for desert or pitching investors, the more you employ a strong voice the sooner it’ll become second nature.
- [click to tweet] Why having a strong media presence empowers #smallbusiness http://33voic.es/pn6rbox
- [click to tweet] Here’s a simple but strategic approach for monetizing your #startup on day 1: http://bit.ly/1rZct7u #33founders
- [click to tweet] .@ZinePak co-founders on how to create & maintain an ongoing brand narrative http://bit.ly/UncLGQ #brandawareness
- [click to tweet] “Know each other’s strengths and how to compliment them” – smart advice from @ZinePak co-founders: http://bit.ly/1n1cu40