Brad and Jenna discuss the genesis of Herald Health and how the team is empowering physicians to spend more time with patients.
- How Herald Health software enables physicians to automate pulling the data they need from electronic medical records and delivers it as notifications
- Key tech advancements Brad’s observing in the medical world as a result of leveraging the influx of data patients are gathering via wearables like Fitbit and Apple watches
- Applying Artificial Intelligence and machine learning to EMRs and Brad’s excitement to transform them from an electronic file cabinet into a clean representation of the data doctors need in the moment
- The value of participating in university accelerators and entrepreneurship programs – The #1 benefit is a commitment device that aligns your team to a push project forward
- The user interviews, focus groups, and simulated settings the team hosted to answer: What is the most intuitive way that we can design this software for clinicians?
- Herald Health’s first pilot at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the core metrics the team is measuring
- Brad’s personal journey from programming as a ten-year-old to pursuing business and medicine, and how he’s applying computer science to his work as a physician