Gina and Jenna discuss how Progyny is empowering employers to support their team members emotionally and financially as they navigate their family planning efforts.
- The rise of Progyny’s enterprise business; They receive two to three requests from Fortune 500 companies a week
- Utilizing technology to improve fertility treatments and decrease the percentage of families having twins and triplets
- Eliminating the stigma of discussing fertility in the workplace and employers role supporting couples; Apple and Facebook led the charge, despite initial controversy, and paved the way for companies to follow
- How to navigate scrutiny as the first innovator in a new category; “You look at them and think ‘You’ll come around later. I’ll go knock on some more doors.’ No isn’t personal.”
- Resourcefulness at a startup and how to utilize capital wisely; Companies need to figure out how to get cash flow positive and not be fearful of changing their budget; “People stay on the wrong path too long.”
- How Gina’s mentors like Arthur Blank and Jane Fonda shaped her journey; “Stay humble, stay determined, and be gracious.”
- Key advice from Gina: “Don’t be afraid to make the ask.”