Sheryl and Jenna discuss growth, leadership, and prioritization lessons Sheryl’s learned as CEO of Clif Bar, Plum Organics, and now REBBL.
- Learned growth tactics from Clif Bar, Plum Organics, and REBBL: Expand in a way that fits the nature of your business
- Retail frameworks for food startups; “Your product must have strong velocity to create a sustainable company in the long-run.”
- How to effectively execute your long-term vision while completing all of the daily tasks needed to get the company off the ground with minimal resources
- CEOs’ responsibility to “obsess over surrounding their team with the best people in their industry”
- The immeasurable value of weekly one-on-ones with your team – You learn just as much from your team members as they do from you.
- Training tips to prepare yourself to be a CEO or founder: “Learn how all parts of the business operate and how they hang together. Dig in and support each key function where you can through special projects or working in each key area. Understand the key financials in a business such as a P&L, cash flow statement and balance sheet.”
- How to navigate startup chaos and challenges – “The moment you overreact, it can send your team into a tailspin and it’s hard to bring them back.” Communicate urgency without panic.
- Mastering entrepreneurial discipline; How do you move fast enough to take advantage of opportunities but have enough discipline so the company doesn’t combust on itself?