Moe and Kip Tindell discuss how passion, commitment, and conscious capitalism built a business where everyone thrives.
The Power of Love
A few weeks prior to my conversation with The Container Store co-founder and CEO, Kip Tindell, I took my first walkthrough down the aisles of the empty box retailer, only to walk away with a new-found respect for what love can bring to a workplace environment. For about forty-five minutes, I observed a spirited team going out of their way to make me feel comfortable; they acknowledged my presence, but never annoyed me. They listened to my questions, and responded with concrete solutions. And above all, not once did they pressure me to buy anything, opting instead to present me with suitable alternatives. It was a refreshing experience to say the least, still once you read Tindell’s Uncontainable: How Passion, Commitment, and Conscious capitalism Built a Business Where Everyone Thrives, you’ll walk away understanding why one great person will equal three good people. Here are a few of the questions that Kip and I explore:
- Why your approach to business and life need to be insync?
- What hasn’t changed about business in the past decade?
- Harnessing the leader within yourself?
- The mental model to deal with setbacks & adversity?
- What women leaders bring to the broad room?
- When to listen to your intuition?
- Why love matters in the workplace?